Joining Hands with the Surat Chapter of Computer Society of India
On behalf of C.S.I., Surat Chapter, I will like to take the opportunity to invite your institution to associate with the Surat Chapter of Computer Society of India (CSI).
Even though Surat has a very large number of IT Service Providers with their own IT teams, the members of these IT teams rarely do get the occasion to network and share their best practices and solutions to the problems. CSI Surat Chapter is starting up a ITPros Club where the owner from different institutions will be able to network and leverage their know-how and skills. This will provide them with an opportunity to meet in person as well on the virtual platform provided on the CSI website.
Computer Society of India is one of the most renowned and most networked institutes of our country in the domain of Information technology. CSI has more than hundred Chapters and thousand students chapters across India. CSI has got rich knowledge resources across India comprising from I.T.Services Providers, professionals and academia. In line with the vision and mission of the CSI, the Surat chapter this year planned to start various activities with I.T.Services Providers, as listed below with a major focus on bridging the gap of Education & Industry by following activities:
- CIO Club: Even though Surat has a very large number of Industrial setups with their own IT teams, the member of this IT teams rarely do get the occasion to network and share their best practices and solutions to the problems. CSI Surat Chapter is starting up a CIO club where the Chief Information officers from different institutions will be able to network and leverage their know-how and skills. This will provide them with an
opportunity to meet in person as well on the virtual platform provided on the CSI website.
- Technology Talks: CSI Surat chapter believes in knowledge dissemination and development/mentoring the young talent with the help of reputed professionals. In view of this CSI Surat chapter has planned to organize monthly talks on various technologies by the experts of that particular
technology from the I.T.Services Providers at different colleges/venues which will also be streamed
live and archived online for later utilization /references.
- Industry Showcase:Our I.T.Services Providers are pioneers in using the ICT into their manufacturing and operational process by adopting the best practices of IT. Exposing the real-world practices to young talents, students and community will make them understand about this and admired them to adopt such practices in their organization/workplaces. In view of this CSI Surat Chapter need the mentorship from the professionals to come forward and showcase the novel practices adopted by them. We have planned to host this event on a monthly basis where at different I.T. firms and I.T. Departments of I.T.Services Providers will talk about the following points:
- Brief Introduction about themselves
- Latest cutting-edge technologies they work with.
- Projects they work on
- Job opportunities in they provide
- Apprenticeship they offer
- Project Definitions and Guidance: The holistic development of students for building skilled India is one of the objectives of CSI and the same is true for For I.T.Services Providers also. This will be one of the great community development initiatives. We plan to provide a platform where the industry will be able to provide the project definitions and problems statements that industry is facing on which the academia can work on. Experts from the industry will also be providing directions at various stages of the projects.
- Job Fair and Portal:A portal is to be created where all the students of the region who have registered can apply for various jobs/apprenticeship published by various firms.
- Industry Academia Forum:A forum is to be instituted which will have representation of all the major industrial units and the academia, which will periodically meet to identify the discrepancy between the industry expectations and academic deliveries and try to figure out ways to reduce the gap.
In case if you have any query or suggestions, please E mail / Call back to me:
- Mr. Tejesh Patel
- E mail: email@example.com
- Cell: +91 987 950 5557
Looking forward for your earliest consent of joining the hands with us along with details of
coordinator to begin with.
Let us together: Reform – Perform & Transform.
Chairman, CSI-Surat Chapter.